Best Biotin Supplement for Nails: How Do They Work and Why Should You Get One?
We all have that desire to take good care of ourselves that we quickly get hooked on health and beauty products being sold at the malls, supermarket, or even via online shops. Sometimes, we had to switch from one product to another just to see what will work best for us. This product hopping is most commonly done with nail products, and among the recent favorites are the Biotin supplements. Come to think of it, what is the best biotin supplement for nails? However, before we answer that question, let us first discuss what Biotin is.
What Is Biotin?
The Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin B-complex known to help keep your skin, nails, hair, eyes, and nervous system healthy, and is also essential in the production of energy. It is usually found in liver, egg yolk, and yeast. Additionally, it is involved in the synthesis of glucose and fatty acids and deficiency of which may lead to loss of hair or dermatitis.
Now that we have an inkling of what Biotin is, we can talk about the features, pros, and cons of the top three best Biotin supplement for nails out on the market today to help you choose the best one for you.
Best Biotin Supplement for Nails: Top Three Picks
DermaSafe Biotin 5000 Plus
This GMO- and gluten-free Biotin supplement can be used by both men and women and is said to work well for your skin, nail, and hair as it provides complete nourishment inside and out. It contains 28 unique ingredients plus vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins, and herbs. It also has collagen, ALA, and HA as well as zinc, copper, and selenium. It is also said to support proper hair follicle function, make skin softer, and help with hair loss and growth treatment. Additionally, it has added superfoods and comes in 60 tablets.
- Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases metabolism and helps in weight loss
- Helps inhibit the skin from being damaged by the sun
- Helps replenish natural collagen which naturally decreases with age
- Contains 60 tablets which last only a month since you have to take two per day
Eu Natural Biotin 5000
The Eu Natural Biotin 5000 is a 100% vegetarian supplement that is easy to swallow as it comes in 120 soft capsules. It uses a natural formula which also helps in improving the health of your hair, nails, and skin. It helps in cell growth and fat metabolism and is also free of binders, fillers, and artificial ingredients. Moreover, it does not contain wheat, gluten, and dairy, and helps in maintaining your skin, nails, and hair well nourished.
- Contains pure natural formula meaning it does not contain fillers, binders, and artificial ingredients
- Each capsule has been formulated at full therapeutic dosage and provides enough strength and potency
- Helps in improving growth of cells and metabolism of fats
- No dairy, wheat, and gluten
- Promotes a natural way of making your hair smooth and longer, your nails stronger, and your skin softer
- Does not specify all of the ingredients included in the formula or package hence, you are taking this supplement with one eye closed.
Bronson Ultra Biotin 10000
The Bronson Ultra Biotin 10000 is a GMO-, gluten-, and soy-free supplement that uses a high-quality formula to help you achieve healthy skin, hair, and nails. It supports the metabolism of energy and helps fortify and nourish nails and hair. To top these off, it comes in 120 vegetarian capsules.
- Promotes healthy nail, skin, and hair
- Plays a vital role in a lot of metabolic functions
- Helps in nourishing your hair and your nails and prevents them from breaking
- Lasts for three months as these vegetarian capsules shall be taken once a day with meals
- Package does not show all of the ingredients included in this supplement; hence you are taking this with one eye closed.
After a thorough discussion of the top three Biotin supplements for nails; their features, pros, and cons, which do you think is the best for you and why should you consider getting one?
Our top pick is the DermaSafe Biotin 5000 Plus for it consists of 28 unique ingredients on top of its vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins, and herbs for a very competitive cost. It also does not contain gluten and GMO and has added superfoods, collagen, ALA, and HA. Although, it only lasts a month for it only contains 60 tablets which you have to take two per day.
Meanwhile, the Eu Natural Biotin 5000 contains 120 easy-to-swallow capsules which also do not contain wheat, gluten, dairy, binders, fillers, and artificial ingredients. It also helps in cell growth and fat metabolism.
The Bronson Ultra Biotin 10000, on the other hand, also contains 120 vegetarian capsules but since it shall be taken once per day, we, therefore, conclude that it is the cheapest among three products.
Overall, we can say that all of them claims to help in giving you healthy and nourished skin, hair, and nails. They have their advantages and disadvantages which you can compare so you can make your choice. However, it is still proper to consult your health specialist before taking any supplement to make sure that they are safe for you and will not cause any adverse effect.
Some supplements may interact with medications that you are currently taking, and some may cause allergic reactions due to the ingredients they contain. It is also wise to have your health specialist check the product that you would like to take to make sure that the ingredients and the formula are safe and are clinically approved.
Yes, we all tend to do our research and depend on what the labels and the advertisements are telling us, but let us not get carried away that we forget that our health is among the most important thing we should care about. As much as possible, we find ways to prevent anything that will cause us harm. So do yourselves a favor, make sure to set that appointment with your healthcare provider before taking any medication or supplement.